The Basics of Buying a Home in Delaware
If you know what to expect and have a trusted team of real estate and mortgage-lending professionals guide you finding and financing your first home in Delaware can be an exciting and rewarding experience.There’s great personal satisfaction in having a home you can call your own and pass on to future generations. At Primary Residential Mortgage, We are committed to helping you enjoy every benefit of home ownership.
There’s great personal satisfaction in having a home you can call your own and pass on to future generations. At Primary Residential Mortgage, We are committed to helping you enjoy every benefit of home ownership.
Moving from Renter to Owner Is Easier than You Imagined
We offer a broad range of programs that help Delaware first-time home buyers achieve their goals including low- and no-down-payment programs, 100% Financing, Purchase & Refinance loans, programs for credit-challenged customers and more! With a dedication to excellent customer service, we can tailor a program to your needs. If you don’t qualify, we won’t turn you away, we will enroll you in our Get Mortgage Ready Program. So if you have been turned down before or a lender just won’t call you back after seeing that you have some credit challenges, then call me today at 302-703-0727 to enroll in our Get Mortgage Ready Program.
Here’s What You Need to Know:
Obtain Mortgage Preapproval Before You Begin House Hunting in Delaware
- Learn how much financing is available to you
- Strengthen your bargaining position with sellers
Choose a Real Estate Agent
- Ask your mortgage planner to recommend agents they work with
- Select a reputable professional who’ll listen to your needs and make you feel comfortable
- Ask agents for references from former clients
Find the Right Home in Delaware
- Determine the needs of you and your family
- Create a wish list of desirable features for your new Delaware Home
- Take notes as you preview homes in Delaware
Make an Offer
- Your real estate agent presents your offer to the seller, who will accept, counter or reject it
- When the price is settled, you and the seller sign a Delaware Purchase Agreement, defining the terms of the sale
Have the Home Inspected
- Hire a professional Delaware Home inspector after the offer has been accepted to provide an in-depth look at the basic systems of the house, to reveal any safety hazards and give you a chance to reconsider the deal
The Home Will Be Appraised
- An appraisal, required by your mortgage lender, is a formal, written estimate of the home’s current market value as compared to other Delaware Homes that have already sold.
Obtain Title Insurance
- This guarantees that the property you are purchasing is free of liens or confusion in rights of ownership
- The policy insures against any losses to the property that result from defects in the title or deed
- You must purchase owners and lenders title insurance on a purchase and only lenders insurance on refinancing.
Close On the Property
- Ownership of the property is transferred
- A closing agent coordinates and distributes all the paperwork and funds and in Delaware, the closing agent must be a Delaware Attorney.
And you become the proud owner of your new Delaware home!
We’re ready to help. With a dedication to excellent customer service and a broad range of programs, Primary Residential Mortgage can tailor a mortgage to your needs.
Call me today 302-703-0727 for a complimentary mortgage planning consultation.
John R. Thomas – NMLS 38783
Certified Mortgage Planner – Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc.
302-703-0727 DE Office / 610-906-3109 PA Office / 410-412-3319 MD Office
248 E Chestnut Hill Rd, Newark, DE 19713