Delaware USDA Home Loans adds monthly mortgage insurance October 2011
Delaware USDA Rural Housing Loans will be adding a monthly mortgage insurance premium on all loans effective October 1, 2011. The USDA announced this change in administrative notice AN 4551 which made the following changes to the Delaware Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan Program:
1) Upfront Guarantee fee lowered from 3.5% to 2% on purchase transactions.
2) New annual fee of 0.3% added to purchase and refinances.
Overview of the new guarantee fee:
- The annual fee will be required for all loans that receive a Conditional Commitment issued by USDA on or
after October 1, 2011
- The annual fee will be calculated based on the average unpaid principal balance (UPB) for the year
- This fee will be collected monthly as part of the borrowers housing payment
- The monthly amount must be escrowed (two months will be collected at closing)
- The USDA Annual Guarantee Fee will be required for the life of the loan
- The new fee would increase a borrower’s housing payment approximately $17/month for a $100,000
purchase loan (as demonstrated in the table below) or approximately $25 per $100,000 for a refinance
- Borrowers whose DTI is already at the maximum USDA allowance of 29/41 may be at risk of not
qualifying if the USDA Conditional Commitment is received on or after October 1, 2011
Purchase transaction with the Up-front Guarantee Fee being financed (rolled into the loan)
Loan Amount: $100,000
John R. Thomas – NMLS 38783
Certified Mortgage Planner – Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc.
302-703-0727 DE Office / 610-906-3109 PA Office / 410-412-3319 MD Office
248 E Chestnut Hill Rd, Newark, DE 19713